BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 9, 2010

Compersion

(Perspective: Lilith)

It is a strange yet wonderful feeling to experience romantic emotions for multiple individuals at once. Stranger still is the comforting knowledge that not only does my husband accept these feelings, but he also supports and encourages them with consent.

As I write this, he is chatting via instant message with a woman he has an interest in from a dating website with both have accounts on.

Surprise, surprise, I too support this bizarre phenomena with zealous! What could this be?

Compersion, of course!

When I first discovered Polyamory, I was convinced that compersion was a mythical emotion only mentioned in educational books for the sole purpose of converting those who choose to live a monogamous lifestyle.

However, I am very proud to announce that compersion is no mythological emotion. In fact, it is rather an extremely common occurrence in my day-to-day life. When I reminisce about my first explorations into the uncharted lands of alternative relationship dynamics, I almost laugh at how intimidated I felt. My apprehension was clearly rooted in fear of the unknown.

Ironically, my memories of monogamy have been infinitely more painful than my experiences with my new lifestyle (thus far).

In this moment, I wish to profess my gratefulness to my amazing husband and all the wonderful people who have graced our lives.

0 comments: